Place:


Thorpe Constantine  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thorpe Constantine like this:

THORPE-CONSTANTINE, a parish in Tamworth district, Stafford; 4 miles NE of Tamworth r. station. Post town, Tamworth. Acres, 953. Real property, £1,891. Pop., 54. Houses, 5. The manor, with T. Hall, belongs to Lieut.-Col. W. Inge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £89. Patron, Lieut.-Col. W. Inge.

Thorpe Constantine through time

Thorpe Constantine is now part of Lichfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lichfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thorpe Constantine itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thorpe Constantine, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8569

Date accessed: 16th July 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thorpe Constantine ".