Place:


Hangleton  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hangleton like this:

HANGLETON, a parish in Steyning district, Sussex; under the South Downs, 1¼ mile NNE of Portslade r. station, and 3¼ NW by W of Brighton. Post town, Portslade, under Shoreham. Acres, 1, 318; of which £160 are water. Real property, £2, 638. Pop., 51. Houses, 7. The property is divided between two; and the greater part, with the manor, belongs to the Countess Delawarr. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £209. Patron, the Countess Delawarr. The church is early English, small, and in good condition.

Hangleton through time

Hangleton is now part of Brighton and Hove district. Click here for graphs and data of how Brighton and Hove has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hangleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hangleton, in Brighton and Hove and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8544

Date accessed: 13th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hangleton ".