Place:


Penystrywaid  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penystrywaid like this:

PENSTROWED, a parish in Newtown district, Montgomery; on the river Severn and the Caer-Sws way, 2½ miles W of Newtown r. station. Post-town, Newtown. Acres, 1, 220. Real property, £1, 141. Pop., 142. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £110.* Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church isold.

Penystrywaid through time

Penystrywaid is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Penystrywaid itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penystrywaid, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8490

Date accessed: 22nd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Penystrywaid ".