Place:


Pen Rhos  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pen Rhos like this:

PENROSE, a parish in the district and county of Monmouth; 2½ miles N of Raglan-Footpath r. station, and 6 W by S of Monmouth. Post-town, Monmouth. Acres, 2, 695. Real property, £2, 361. Pop., 378. Houses, 79. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £140. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Llan-daff. The church is good. There are a Baptist chapel, and charities £5.

Pen Rhos through time

Pen Rhos is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pen Rhos itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pen Rhos in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8463

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pen Rhos ".