Place:


Wakerley  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wakerley like this:

WAKERLEY, a parish in the district of Uppingham and county of Northampton; 2½ miles S by E of Luffenham r. station. Post town, South Luffenham, under Stamford. Acres, 2,130. Real property, £2,025. Pop., 223. Houses, 45. The property belongs to the Marquis of Exeter. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £100* Patron, the Marquis of Exeter. The church is ancient.

Wakerley through time

Wakerley is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wakerley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wakerley in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8260

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wakerley ".