Place:


Syresham  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Syresham like this:

SYRESHAM, a village and a parish in Brackley district, Northampton. The village stands 5 miles NE of Brackley r. station; carries on lace-making and boot and shoe-making; and has a post-office under Brackley. The parish includes Crowfield hamlet, and comprises 4,060 acres. Real property, £3,807. Pop., 1,047. Houses, 242. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £216.* Patron,C. Dormer, Esq. The church is in mixed styles and good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £16 a year, and charities £30.

Syresham through time

Syresham is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Syresham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Syresham in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8199

Date accessed: 19th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Syresham ".