Place:


Sutton Bassett  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton Bassett like this:

SUTTON-BASSETT, a parish in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; 3 miles NE of Market-Harborough r. station. Post town, Market-Harborough. Acres, 720. Real property, £1,553. Pop., 147. Houses, 38. The manor belongs to H. H. Hungerford, Esq. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Weston-by-Welland. The church is ancient.

Sutton Bassett through time

Sutton Bassett is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton Bassett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton Bassett, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8197

Date accessed: 25th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton Bassett ".