Place:


Hopwas Hays  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hopwas Hays like this:

HOPWAS-HAYS, an extra-parochial tract in Tamworth district, Stafford; near the river Tame and the Coventry canal, 2 miles W of Tamworth. Acres, 500. Real property, £220. Pop., 2. House, 1. The land was given, at an early period, to the Bishop of Lichfield, to supply stone for repairing his cathedral.

Hopwas Hays through time

Hopwas Hays is now part of Lichfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lichfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hopwas Hays itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hopwas Hays, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8186

Date accessed: 22nd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hopwas Hays ".