Place:


Stanion  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanion like this:

STANION, a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; 4¾ miles SE of Rockingham r. station. Post town, Thrapston. Acres, 1,850. Real property, £2,080. Pop., 351. Houses, 78. The manor belongs to the Earl of Cardigan. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Brigstock. The church is good, and has a fine spire. There is a free school.

Stanion through time

Stanion is now part of Corby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Corby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanion itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanion, in Corby and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8173

Date accessed: 14th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanion ".