Place:


Southwick  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Southwick like this:

SOUTHWICK, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; 2¾ miles NNW of Oundle r. station. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 1,320. Real property, £1,931-Pop., 130. Houses, 29. The property belongs to G. Capron, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £90.* Patron, G. Capron, Esq. The church is good. Charities, £24.

Southwick through time

Southwick is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Southwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Southwick in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8169

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Southwick ".