Place:


Slipton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Slipton like this:

SLIPTON, a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton; 3 miles WNW of Thrapston r. station. Post town, Thrapston. Acres, 720. Real property, £924. Pop., 144. Houses, 29. The manor belongs to Mrs. Stopford. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £107. Patron, Mrs. Stopford. The church is good; and there is a parochial school.

Slipton through time

Slipton is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Slipton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Slipton in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8164

Date accessed: 24th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Slipton ".