Place:


Harlaston  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harlaston like this:

HARLASTON, or HARLESTON, a parochial chapelry in Clifton-Campville parish, Stafford; on an affluent of the river Trent, adjacent to the Birmingham and Derby railway, near the boundary with Derbyshire, 1 mile ENE of Haselour r. station, and 4 N of Tamworth. Post-town, Clifton-Campville, under Tamworth. Real property, £2,532. Pop., 239. Houses, 56. The manorhouse was ancient; but has been rebuilt. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £444.* Patron, Francis Willington, Esq. The church has an old wooden belfry.

Harlaston through time

Harlaston is now part of Lichfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lichfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harlaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harlaston, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8151

Date accessed: 23rd September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harlaston ".