Place:


Pilton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pilton like this:

PILTON, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; on the river N en, 2¾ miles S S W of Oundle r. station. Post-town, Oundle. Acres, 1, 473. Real property, £1, 853. Pop., 144. Houses, 29. The manor belongs to Lord Lilford. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £190.* Patron, Lord Lilford. The church is early English, with a steeple; and has a memorial E window to Mr. F. R. Hodgson, put upin 1867. There are alms-houses, and other charities £18.

Pilton through time

Pilton is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pilton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pilton in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8121

Date accessed: 20th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pilton ".