Place:


Nassington  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nassington like this:

NASSINGTON, a village and a parish in Oundle district, Northampton. The village stands on the river Nen, and on the Peterborough and Northampton railway, at the boundary with Huntingdon, 1½ mile N of Elton r.station, and 5½ N by E of Oundle; and has a post-office under Wansford. The parish comprises 1, 660 acres. ...


Real property, £3, 247. Pop. in 1851, 795; in 1861, 718. Houses, 157. The manor belongs to the Earl of Westmoreland. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Yarwell, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £386.* Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is Norman; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with tower and crocketted spire. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, a national school, and charities £31.

Nassington through time

Nassington is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nassington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nassington in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8092

Date accessed: 17th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nassington ".