Place:


Lutton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lutton like this:

LUTTON, or LUDDINGTON-IN-THE-WOLD, a parish in the district of Oundle and counties of Northampton and Huntingdon; 5 miles E of Oundle town and r. station. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 1,509. Real property of the N portion, £727. Pop., 163. Houses, 37. Real property of the H. portion, £341. ...


Pop., 33. Houses, 6. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Washingley, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £220.* Patron, the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and was recently in disrepair. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £11.

Lutton through time

Lutton is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lutton in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8068

Date accessed: 24th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lutton ".