Place:


Wordwell  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wordwell like this:

WORDWELL, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; 5¼ miles NNW of Bury-St. Edmunds r. station. Post town, Bury.-St. Edmunds. Acres, 2,299. Real property, £964. Pop., 65. Houses, 12. The property belongs to the Rev. E. R. Benyon. The living is a rectory, annexed to West Stow.

Wordwell through time

Wordwell is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wordwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wordwell, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7977

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wordwell ".