Place:


Winston  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Winston like this:

WINSTON, a parish, with a village, in Bosmere district, Suffolk; 1 mile SSE of Debenham, and 7 NE of Needham r. station. Post town, Debenham, under Stonham. Acres, 1,476. Real property, £2,571. Pop., 352. Houses, 75. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £169.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church is old. A parochial school was built in 1863.

Winston through time

Winston is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Winston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Winston in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7953

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Winston ".