Place:


Grafton Underwood  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grafton Underwood like this:

GRAFTON-UNDERWOOD, a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; 4 miles ENE of Kettering town and r. station. Post town, Kettering. Acres, 2, 050. Real property, £1, 871. Pop. . 294. Houses, 59. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £260.* Patron, Lord Lyveden. The church has a spire, and contains monuments to the Earl of Ossory and the ladies Fitzpatrick. There are a free school, and charities £16.

Grafton Underwood through time

Grafton Underwood is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grafton Underwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grafton Underwood, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7950

Date accessed: 14th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grafton Underwood ".