Place:


Glapthorn  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glapthorn like this:

GLAPTHORN, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; near the river Nen, and the Northampton and Peterborough railway, 1½ mile NNW of Oundle. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 1, 370. Real property, £1, 758. Pop., 396. Houses, 80. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Cotterstock, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is ancient. There are a free school, and charities £5.

Glapthorn through time

Glapthorn is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glapthorn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glapthorn in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7943

Date accessed: 17th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glapthorn ".