Place:


Dingley  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dingley like this:

DINGLEY, a parish in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; on the river Welland, at the boundary with Leicester, and on the Leicester and Bedford railway, 2¼ miles E of Market-Harborough. Post town, Market-Harborough, under Rugby. Acres, 1, 317. Real property, £2, 709. ...


Pop., 111. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. Dingley Hall is the seat of H. H. Hungerford, Esq.; and occupies the site of a Templars' preceptory, founded in the time of Stephen. The land is hilly. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £340.* Patron, H. H. Hungerford, Esq. The church is very good.

Dingley through time

Dingley is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dingley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dingley, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7891

Date accessed: 26th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dingley ".