Place:


Barlaston  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barlaston like this:

BARLASTON, a parish in Stone district, Stafford; on the Grand Trunk canal and the North Stafford railway, 3½ miles NNW of Stone. It has a station on the rail way, and a post office under Stone. Acres, 2,157. Real property, £5,078. Pop., 637. Houses, 121. The property is divided among a few. Barlaston Hall was formerly a seat of the Bagnalls; and is now the seat of a branch of the Adderleys. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is modern, but has an ancient tower. Charities, £24.

Barlaston through time

Barlaston is now part of Stafford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stafford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barlaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barlaston, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7876

Date accessed: 20th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barlaston ".