Place:


Coney Weston  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coney Weston like this:

WESTON-CONEY, a parish in the district of Thetford and county of Suffolk; 6 miles S of Harling-Road r. station, and 7½ SE by E of Thetford. Post town, Ixworth, under Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 1,341. Real property, £2,300. Pop., 254. Houses, 58. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, annexed to Barningham. The church is plain. Charities, £17.

Coney Weston through time

Coney Weston is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coney Weston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coney Weston, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7871

Date accessed: 25th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coney Weston ".