Place:


Washbrook  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Washbrook like this:

WASHBROOK, a parish, with a village, in Samford district, Suffolk; 2½ miles N of Capel r. station, and 3½ SSW of Ipswich. Post town, Ipswich. Acres, 1,443. Real property, £2,787. Pop., 451. Houses, 96. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Copdock. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Washbrook through time

Washbrook is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Washbrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Washbrook, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7849

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Washbrook ".