Place:


Tuddenham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tuddenham like this:

TUDDENHAM-ST. MARY, a parish, with a village, in Mildenhall district, Suffolk; 3 miles SE of Mildenhall, and 3 N by W of Higham r. station. It has a post-office under Soham. Acres 2,644. Real property, £2,452. Pop., 413. Houses, 90. There are two manors; and both belong to the Marquis of Bristol. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £284.* Patron, the Marquis of Bristol. The church is early English. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a free school, and charities £6.

Tuddenham through time

Tuddenham is now part of Forest Heath district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest Heath has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tuddenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tuddenham, in Forest Heath and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7835

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tuddenham ".