Place:


Troston  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Troston like this:

TROSTON, a parish, with a village, in Thingoe district, Suffolk; 5½ miles NNE of Bury-St. Edmunds r. station. Post town, Ixworth, under Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 1,764. Real property, £2,299. Pop., 322. Houses, 85. T. Hall belongs to H.L. Moseley, Esq.; and was the birthplace of Capel, the editor of Shakespeare. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £332.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is tolerable.

Troston through time

Troston is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Troston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Troston, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7833

Date accessed: 24th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Troston ".