Place:


West Stow  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Stow like this:

STOW (West), a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; on the river Lark, 4 miles NW of Bury-St. Edmunds r. station. Post town, Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, with Chimney-Mills, 2,926. Real property, £1,192. Pop., 238. Houses, 46. The manor belongs to the Rev. E. R. Benyon. The living is a rectory, united with Wordwell, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £302.* Patron, the Rev. E. R. Benyon. The church is good. Charities, £5.

West Stow through time

West Stow is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Stow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Stow, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7713

Date accessed: 25th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Stow ".