Place:


Shelland  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shelland like this:

SHELLAND, a parish in Stow district, Suffolk; 3 miles WNW of Stowmarket r. station. Post town, Stowmarket. Acres, 540. Real property, £758. Pop., 99. Houses, 22. The manor belongs to Tyrell, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £50. Patron,Tyrell, Esq. The church is good; and there is a parochial school.

Shelland through time

Shelland is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shelland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shelland in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7669

Date accessed: 20th June 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shelland ".