Place:


Woodston  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodston like this:

WOODSTONE, a parish in the district of Peterborough and county of Huntingdon; ½ mile SW of Peterborough r. station. Post town, Peterborough. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £2,756. Pop., 347. Houses, 80. The manor belongs to Mrs. Thompson. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £342.* Patron, Mrs. Thompson. The church was recently rebuilt. There are an endowed school with £10 a year, and charities £43.

Woodston through time

Woodston is now part of Peterborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Peterborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodston, in Peterborough and Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7662

Date accessed: 22nd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodston ".