Place:


Raydon  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Raydon like this:

RAYDON, a village and a parish in Samford district, Suffolk. The village stands 1½ mile S of the Hadleigh railway, and 3 S E of Hadleigh; and has a r. station. The parish comprises 2, 335 acres; and its post town is Hadleigh, under Ipswich. Real property, £3, 801. Pop., 561. Houses, 128. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Mrs.Cripps. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £554.* Patron, the Rev. J. W. Tomkin. The church is good.

Raydon through time

Raydon is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Raydon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Raydon, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7615

Date accessed: 23rd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Raydon ".