Place:


Little Billing  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Billing like this:

BILLING (Little), a parish in the district and county of Northampton; on the river Nen, adjacent to Billing Road r. station, 3 miles E by N of Northampton. Post Town, Great Billing, under Northampton. Acres, 856. Real property, £1,839. Pop., 76. Houses, 16. The manor belonged to the Longuevilles; and their seat on it is now a farmhouse. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £349.* Patron, Earl Brownlow. The church has a curious old font.

Little Billing through time

Little Billing is now part of Northampton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Northampton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Billing itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Billing, in Northampton and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7575

Date accessed: 23rd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Billing ".