Place:


Naughton  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Naughton like this:

NAUGHTON, a parish in Cosford district, Suffolk; 2 miles E of Bildestone, and 4½ N by W of Hadleigh r.station. Post-town, Bildestone, under Ipswich. Acres, 854. Real property, £1,035. Pop., 155. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Sir Robert S. Adair, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £198.* Patron, the Rev. W. Edge. The church is Norman, plain, and good. Charities £20.

Naughton through time

Naughton is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Naughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Naughton, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7531

Date accessed: 19th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Naughton ".