Place:


Little Livermere  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Livermere like this:

LIVERMERE-PARVA, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; 4 miles WNW of Ixworth, and 5 ½ NNE of Bury St. Edmunds r. station. Post town, LivermereMagna, under Bury St. Edmunds. Area, 1,433. Real property, £2,361. Pop., 167. Houses, 30. The manor belongs to Miss Broke; and all the land, except one farm, is in Livermere Park. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Livermere-Magna, in the diocese of Ely. The church is a brick building, with a tower.

Little Livermere through time

Little Livermere is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Livermere itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Livermere, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7477

Date accessed: 24th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Livermere ".