Place:


Knodishall  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Knodishall like this:

KNODDISHALL, a village and a parish in Blything district, Suffolk. The village stands 1½ mile W of Leiston r. station, and 3 ESE of Saxmundham; and has a post office under Saxmundham. The parish contains also the village of Coldfair-Green, and the quondam parish of Buxlow; and is sometimes called Knodishall-cumBuxlow. ...


Acres 1, 143. Real property, £3, 173. Pop., 442. Houses, 100. The property is divided among a few. There are clay and sand pits. The living is a rectory, united with the chapelry of Buxlow, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £486. Patron, T. Ayton, Esq. The church is Norman, has a flint tower, was recently repaired, and stands on a hill.

Knodishall through time

Knodishall is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Knodishall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Knodishall in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7430

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Knodishall ".