Place:


Knettishall  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Knettishall like this:

KNETTISHALL, a parish in the district of Thetford and county of Suffolk; on the Little Ouse river, at the boundary with Norfolk, near the Peddar way, 5¼ miles S of Harling road r. station, and 7 ESE of Thetford. Posttown, East Harling, under Thetford. Acres, 1, 024. Real property, £1, 198. Pop., 84. Houses, 16. The manor belongs to T. Thornhill, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Valne, £184. Patron, D. Thornhill, Esq. The church is good.

Knettishall through time

Knettishall is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Knettishall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Knettishall, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7427

Date accessed: 23rd May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Knettishall ".