Place:


Kentford  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kentford like this:

KENTFORD, a parish, with a village, in Mildenhall district, Suffolk; on the river Kennet and on the Cambridge and Bury railway, at the boundary with Cambridge, near Icknield street, 4½ miles NE by E of Newmarket. Post town, Newmarket. Acres, 798. Real property, £1, 142. Pop., 210. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Rev. W. Godfrey. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Gazeley, in the diocese of Ely. The church is decorated English; has a small tower; and was reported in 1859 as not good. Charities, fuel for the poor.

Kentford through time

Kentford is now part of Forest Heath district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest Heath has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kentford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kentford, in Forest Heath and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7395

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kentford ".