Place:


Flawborough  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Flawborough like this:

FLAWBOROUGH, a chapelry in Staunton parish, Notts; near the river Smite, 2 ½ miles NNE of Elton r. station, and 6¼ ENE of Bingham. Post town, Orston, under Nottingham. Acres, 965. Real property, £1, 768. Pop., 64. Houses, 12. The property is all in one estate. A Roman station was here. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Staunton, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church was rebuilt in 1840.

Flawborough through time

Flawborough is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Flawborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Flawborough, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7394

Date accessed: 22nd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Flawborough ".