Place:


Eaton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eaton like this:

EATON, a parish in East Retford district, Notts; on the river Idle and the Great Northern railway, 2 miles SSE of East Retford. Post town, Retford. Acres, 1, 540. Real property, £1, 833. Pop., 184. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. Ten manors were here before the Conquest. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Valne, £80. Patron, the Bishop of Manchester. The church is old but good.

Eaton through time

Eaton is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eaton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eaton, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7369

Date accessed: 13th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eaton ".