Place:


Ingham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ingham like this:

INGHAM, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; 4 miles N of Bury-St. Edmunds r. station. It has a postoffice under Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 1,808. Real property, £1, 721. Pop., 236. Houses, 45. The manor belongs to the Rev. E. R. Benyon. The living is a rectory, united with the rectories of Culford and Timworth, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £549.* Patron, the Rev. E. R. Benyon. Charities, £8.

Ingham through time

Ingham is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ingham, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7318

Date accessed: 24th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ingham ".