Place:


West Burton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Burton like this:

BURTON (West), a parish in the district of Gainsborough and county of Nottingham; on the river Trent, 2 miles E of Sturton r. station, and 3½ SSW of Gainsborough. Post Town, Sturton, under Retford. Acres, 710. Real property, £2,089. Pop., 67. Houses, 7. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £65. Patron, John Barrow, Esq. The church is old.

West Burton through time

West Burton is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Burton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Burton, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7312

Date accessed: 13th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Burton ".