Place:


Holton St Mary  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holton St Mary like this:

HOLTON-ST. MARY, a parish in Samford district, Suffolk; 2¾ miles S of Raydon r. station, and 4¼ SSE of Hadleigh. Post town, Stratford-St. Mary, under Colchester. Acres, 837. Real property, £1, 358. Pop., 167. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £257.* Patron, SirRowley, Bart. The church is early English, has a tower, and is good. An endowed school has £30 a year; and other charities have £24.

Holton St Mary through time

Holton St Mary is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Holton St Mary itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holton St Mary, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7295

Date accessed: 19th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Holton St Mary ".