Place:


Farnham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farnham like this:

FARNHAM, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; near the river Alde and the East Suffolk railway, 2½ miles SW of Saxmundham. It has a post office under Wickham Market. Acres, 1, 177. Real property, £1, 521. Pop., 184. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £78.* Patron, W. Long, Esq. The church is Norman, with a flint tower, and very good.

Farnham through time

Farnham is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farnham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farnham in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7176

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farnham ".