Place:


Elveden  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Elveden like this:

ELVEDEN, or Elden, a parish in Mildenhall district, Suffolk; 4¼ miles WSW of Thetford r. station, and 8 ENE of Mildenhall. Post town, Thetford. Acres, 5, 290. Real property, £1, 378. Pop., 193. Houses, 41. Elveden Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £375. Patron, Maharajah Dhuleep Singh. The church is ancient, and has a flint tower. Charities, £9.

Elveden through time

Elveden is now part of Forest Heath district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest Heath has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Elveden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Elveden, in Forest Heath and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7153

Date accessed: 25th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Elveden ".