Place:


Denston  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Denston like this:

DENARDISTON, or Denston, a parish in Risbridge district, Suffolk; on an affluent of the river Stour, 3¾ miles ENE of Haverhill r. station. Post town, Keddington, under Newmarket. Acres, 1, 230. Real property, £2, 011. Pop., 277. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. Denston Hall is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £51. Patron, W. Pigott, Esq. The church is good.

Denston through time

Denston is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Denston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Denston, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7128

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Denston ".