Place:


Dalham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dalham like this:

DALHAM, a parish in the district of Newmarket and county of Suffolk; on the Cambridge and Bury railway, near Kennet r. station, 5¼ miles E by S of Newmarket. It contains the hamlet of Dunstall-Green; and its post town is Moulton, under Newmarket. Acres, inclusive of Southwell Park, 1,840. ...


Real property, £3, 111. Pop., 539. Houses, 122. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Stutvilles. Dalham Hall was built, in 1705, by Bishop Patrick; and is now the seat of the Rev. Sir R. Affleck-, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £419.* Patron, the Rev. Sir R. Affleck, Bart. The church is very good.

Dalham through time

Dalham is now part of Forest Heath district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest Heath has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dalham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dalham, in Forest Heath and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7115

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dalham ".