Place:


Capel St Mary  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Capel St Mary like this:

CAPEL-ST. MARY, a parish and a subdistrict in Samford district, Suffolk. The parish lies on the Hadleigh railway, 5 miles SE of Hadleigh; and has a station on the railway and a post office under Ipswich, both of the name of Capel. Acres, 1,910. Real property, £3,723. Pop., 669. Houses, 145. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Little Wenham, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £682.* Patron, the Rev. J. Tweed. The church is good.-The subdistrict contains fifteen parishes. Acres, 22,565. Pop., 6,592. Houses, 1,486.

Capel St Mary through time

Capel St Mary is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Capel St Mary itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Capel St Mary, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7078

Date accessed: 19th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Capel St Mary ".