Place:


Brandeston  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brandeston like this:

BRANDESTON, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; on the river Deben, 3½ miles SW of Framlingham r. station, and 5 NW by N of Wickham-Market. It has a post office under Wickham-Market. Acres, 1,224. Real property, £2,690. Pop., 469. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. Brandeston Hall is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Norwich. Value, £100.* Patron,Austin, Esq. The church is good. There is an Independent chapel.

Brandeston through time

Brandeston is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brandeston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brandeston in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7057

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brandeston ".