Place:


Widford  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Widford like this:

WIDFORD, a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; 1¾ mile SW of Chelmsford r. station. It has a post-office under Chelmsford. Acres, 692. Real property, £1,527. Pop., 257. Houses, 50. The manor, with Hylands Park, belongs to A. Pryor, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £257.* Patron, A. Pryor, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1862.

Widford through time

Widford is now part of Chelmsford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chelmsford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Widford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Widford, in Chelmsford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6976

Date accessed: 23rd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Widford ".