Place:


Tolleshunt Knights  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tolleshunt Knights like this:

TOLLESHUNT-KNIGHTS, a parish in Maldon district, Essex; 5¼ miles SE of Kelvedon r. station. Post town, Kelvedon. Acres, 2,079. Real property, £2,790. Pop., 386. Houses, 93. Brook Hall is the seat of T. S. Barwell, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £540.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. A section with a pop. of 135 is in Tiptree-Heath chapelry. Charities, £15.

Tolleshunt Knights through time

Tolleshunt Knights is now part of Maldon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Maldon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tolleshunt Knights itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tolleshunt Knights, in Maldon and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6947

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tolleshunt Knights ".