Place:


Sutton  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton like this:

SUTTON, a parish in Rochford district, Essex; 2¾ miles N of Southend r. station. Post town, Rochford, under Chelmsford. Acres, 721. Real property, £1,132. Pop., 148. Houses, 32. The manor belongs to Mrs. Aitken. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £254.* Patron, Mrs. Aitken. The church is good.

Sutton through time

Sutton is now part of Rochford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rochford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton, in Rochford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6924

Date accessed: 24th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton ".