Place:


Shopland  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shopland like this:

SHOPLAND, a parish in Rochford district, Essex; 2½ miles NE of Southend r. station. Post town, Rochford, under Chelmsford. Acres, 1,039. Real property, £2,299. Pop., 80. Houses, 10. The property is divided among four. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £89. Patron, Mrs. H. Aitken. The church is ancient but good.

Shopland through time

Shopland is now part of Rochford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rochford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shopland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shopland, in Rochford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6902

Date accessed: 20th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shopland ".